We are the NY Daily Tribune, we use a name that existed as a Monday through Saturday daily newspaper in New York from 1842 – 1862.
Here’s some history on oearly every ur predecessor:
Publisher:Greeley & McElrathDates of publication:1842-1866Description:
- Vol. 2, no. 11 (Apr. 22, 1842)- v. 10, no. 28 (May 11, 1850) ; v. 10, no. 2831 (May 13, 1850)-v. 25, no. 7801 (Apr. 9, 1866).
Frequency:Daily (except Sunday) Sept. 16, 1861-1866Language:
- New York (N.Y.)–Newspapers.
- New York (State)–New York County.–fast–(OCoLC)fst01234953
- New York (State)–New York.–fast–(OCoLC)fst01204333
- New York County (N.Y.)–Newspapers.
- Archived issues are available in digital format as part of the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- Available on microfilm from U.M.I.
- Campaign ed.: Clay tribune (New York, N.Y.), 1844.
- Issues for 1842-May 11, 1850 called also whole no. 323-2830.
- Other weekly ed.: New-Yorker (New York, N.Y. : 1845), 1845-<1847>.
- Published daily, including Sundays, Apr. 28, 1861-Sept. 21, 1861.
LCCN:sn 83030213OCLC:9388331ISSN:2158-2661Preceding Titles:
Read more at:
We are NOT, though, affiliated with or associated with in any formal fashion with this fine newspaper of the past. The domain name was available, we think Horace Greeley rocked the bootypop and still does, and figured we could get some attention by taking on the name. We hold no claim to any of their prior works or publications.
What we are:
We are an opinionated REAL news website. We belong to no one but ourselves, and when we endorse any candidate or cause we do so on a case by case basis. We probably lean to the right, the conservative, side of the equation, but we fully expect to piss off a lot of conservatives, because we fully believe that anyone who takes a party line by nature is wrong about half the time, and we find that most political types are too thin skinned to handle reality, as their reality is in reality about money, greed and power, and anyone who doesn’t buy into that theory has not yet fully matured.
What we are NOT:
We are NOT a fake news site. Our agenda is simple. We have strong feelings about what is news and what is not. In today’s times, we are bombarded with an overwhelming amount of information of varied and often suspicious value, intent, and most of all veracity, or, rruthfulness. We are lied to, misled and snookered nearly every waking moment by the hidden motives of various sources whose primary goal is to separate us from one thing, and one thing primarily, and that is MONEY. The world is a giant den of thieves and YOU, and WE, are the primary targets.
Planet Earth is effectively nothing but a crime scene, and the NYDailyTribune.com merely hopes to separate the perpetrators from their tools of the trade, by exposing bullshit.